Berger Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff and Governors believe that our school should provide a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child/young person.
Our school procedures for safeguarding children will be in line with the London Child Protection Procedures (endorsed by the Area Child Protection Committee (ACPC) we will ensure that:
- We have designated senior members of staff who undertake regular and appropriate inter-agency training and refresher training every 2 years:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead & SPOC ( Prevent) – Laura Bazell
- Designated Safeguarding Lead- Katie Murray
- Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Tania Pope
- All members of staff develop their understanding of the signs and indicators of abuse. They have formal training at least every 3 years and updates/refreshers regularly during the year.
- All members of staff know how to respond to a child/young person who discloses abuse.
- All parents/carers are made aware of the responsibilities of staff members with regard to child protection procedures and the policy is made available to them.
- Our policy and procedures are reviewed annually.
- All new members of staff and volunteers complete the safeguarding induction (see checklist below and all relevant policies) on arrival to the school.